FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Cannot connect fsrealwxv3 to x-plane 11

More
5 years 1 week ago #1793 by SilloAdmin
Okay. I hope the problem is solved.
Please download, reinstall and test again.

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #1802 by kides7
Thank you very much. Now everything works.

More
4 years 10 months ago #1915 by skydancer
Good day,

Im still quite new to Xplane 11 and have been struggling for a few nights now. I installed FSrealWX v3 and XPrealWX v3 as mentioned. However, I cant see the XPrealWX plugin within Xplane 11 interface? I reinstalled several times, hoping its something I have done wrong. But I just cant see or find the XPrealWX plugin under the plugins within Xplane 11. So I cant even get an IP address or port setting that I require for FSrealWX v3.
Can anyone perhaps assist an idiot here please haha?

More
4 years 10 months ago #1916 by Restavr
Most likely, the XPrealWX v3 plugin is installed incorrectly. He must be in his place."..\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\". Unzip it into this folder and run x-plane, should appear in the list of plugins.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilloAdmin

More
4 years 10 months ago #1918 by skydancer

restavr wrote: Most likely, the XPrealWX v3 plugin is installed incorrectly. He must be in his place."..\X-Plane 11\Resources\plugins\". Unzip it into this folder and run x-plane, should appear in the list of plugins.

I have installed it there as stated in the instructions, quite a few time actually and downloaded the plugin 3 times. Still no show on the interface. When I unzip, its a folder called XPrealWXv3, and inside another folder called "64" with .dll files etc. Thats it. Other than that im not sure what I can be possibly doing wrong. I will install again tonight as my final attempt. I will take screenies and upload as well to show the location of the installed files.

More
4 years 10 months ago #1919 by Restavr
I have, it looks like this:

More
2 years 4 months ago #3041 by Randy_Cain
Hi.  I'm a long time user and never had any problems, years ago, with setting up the older version of FSrealWX v1 to X-Plane 11.4+.   No that I'm trying to connect versions FSrealWXv3 and XPrealWXv3 plugin to X-Plane version 11.55, I've only gotten a connection 1 in about 30 attempts, but the changes I made weren't saved, so I never was able to get it to connect again.  This is very frustrating.
Things I've double checked... 
Latest version of plugin and software, check.  Exempt from firewall, check. Run as admin, check. I've tried both IP addresses in selected in my system, check. I've tried several different ports used by things like FSHOST, which I never had problems using in FSHost (I no longer use FSHost), No luck there, either.
I'm running out of ideas.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  I've seen requests for a "log file" here, but I've looked for "log.txt" in every folder and can't find it.  Please be more specific.
Thanks for your help.

More
2 years 4 months ago #3042 by SilloAdmin
Hi.
Do you use two computers, one for XPlane and one for FSrealWX. Or one computer in the same network?
If you only use one computer, then you can also use the IP 127.0.0.1.
Please send me two screenshots of the settings in FSrealWX (interface) and XPrealWX.

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: niksan29

More
2 years 4 months ago #3047 by HornetAircraft
I am having the exact same issue. cannot get FSrealWX to connect at all. no clue what to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: niksan29

More
2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #3048 by Randy_Cain
Hi, Sillo,

Thank for your prompt reply.

I asked my repair guy for suggestions about why port 1234 wouldn't work and he told me that port 1234 was a Windows system port that wasn't going to allow me to use for anything. He suggested adding a digit, like 23456.  So we did and that one worked. We put in 23456 for the port entries in "xprealwx.ini" and the port window in Settings/Interface tab for FSRealWXv3 Pro, it worked!

"[interface]
autostartserver=false
port=23456
udpport=23456
udpserverinterval=500
ip=127.0.0.1

[flight]
transalt=5000

[windows]
infopoint=@Point(923 1523)"

To answer your question, Sillo... No, I'm not using two computers.  It's just the one, but being used by a person that knows absolutely nothing about programming or networking devices, computers or computer languages.

If I might offer a suggestion, could you please take out that default entry of "Port=1234" for the above .ini file and replace it with a suggestion of several ports that your new user might try that would be valid options as a port that is possible for a user addon to use?  That would be very helpful for folks like myself.

Season's greetings to you and yours.  Thank you for a wonderful product!  I've been using some version of this since I was still using FS2004. It's GREAT!

Last edit: 2 years 4 months ago by Randy_Cain.

Time to create page: 2.123 seconds