FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Some Interesting Problems

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #2298 by DenizFiratTURANLI
Hi!
I flew from Istanbul to Amsterdam yesterday. As you know the air pressure should be fixed at STD (1013hPa, 29.92in/hg) at high altitudes. But the mine wasn't. I cruised with STD altimeter setting but my altitude indicator indicated FL380, then FL376, then FL387. It wasn't stable and I had to select altitude hold mode.
While approaching to Amsterdam, I had 80kts headwind at 5000ft. When I established on the ILS at 2000ft, I had 70kts crosswind. After a while, it reduced to 25kts in just a second, so my plane stalled of course, my IAS was about 100kts.
How can I solve these? Should I select FSRealWX weather theme on startup dialog? Can it solve the problem?

Thank you so much.
Kind regards.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by DenizFiratTURANLI.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #2299 by SilloAdmin
Hi ,
it was very stormy yesterday and the wind turns the deeper you get. Check out yesterday's approaches.
That is correct with the height measurements. You also have to correct in real. In the FS, the transition is just not so smooth. Is an FS problem. Maybe I can find another attitude for it.

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.

More
4 years 1 month ago #2300 by DenizFiratTURANLI
Hi!
Thanks for the reply.
However, altitude indicator has to indicate correct altitude with STD setting at high altitudes like FL380. So I should be able to see correct altitude when I set STD. But I don't. I'm flying back to Istanbul right now. When I press B, it sets 1000hPa etc. When I press B, it has to set 1013hPa at high altitudes, I used ActiveSky in the past, It hasn't got any problem.

More
4 years 1 month ago #2301 by SilloAdmin
FSrealWX has no influence on the altimeter setting. FSrealWX only transfers the air pressure to MSL. Can you check that without FSrealWX? Which simulator do you use?

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.

More
4 years 1 month ago #2302 by DenizFiratTURANLI
I use P3D v4.5.
I mean that, FSRealWX sets pressure like I'm at 5000ft etc.
If pressure is 1019hPa, when I set 1019, indicator shows me the correct altitude but when I climbed above TA, it gets wrong because pressure gets 1013hPa IRL. I think you know that. FSRealWX loads different pressures and wind speeds when I'm on cruise.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #2303 by SilloAdmin
FSrealWX can only set QNH and no air pressure at altitude. That's why I'm a little surprised. Which aircraft (add-on)?

With the Prepar3D and FSX the TA is at 18000ft.
You can set the TA for some add-ons.

Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by SilloAdmin.

More
4 years 1 month ago #2304 by DenizFiratTURANLI
Sir, I can't describe my problem. I use PMDG 737 and I know TA and TRL procedures.
I should select STD setting above TA. And I do it but altitude indicator shows wrong altitude. If you want, I can take a video when I'm flying.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilloAdmin

More
4 years 1 month ago #2305 by SilloAdmin
Yes. Please.
or some pictures

Time to create page: 1.417 seconds