FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Weather not loading correctly - details

More
3 years 8 months ago #2588 by Lindbergh
Hi,

the above mentioned option does not seem to work. Several times the weather update unluckily started right at the runway threshold or even in the flare phase, providing me with some extra challenge during landing the Dash 8 Q400 since the frame rate of my sim drops significantly during weather update. I should mention that I am running FSRealWX v.3.x as a client on a network PC. In the previous 2.x versions of FSRealWx this option seemed to work flawlessly. I never experienced a weather update during the critical approach and landing phase and the status line at the bottom of the program window informed me accordingly.
I could disconnect FSRealWx manually but due to the high work load during approach and landing I almost always forget to do that.

Thanks and regards
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #2589 by SilloAdmin
Thanks for report.
Is fixed. Please download FSrealWX 3.0 v3.02.2101

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: niksan29

More
3 years 7 months ago #2595 by Lindbergh
Hi,
thanks. After a couple of flights everything seems to work fine now.

Thanks
Peter
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilloAdmin, niksan29

More
3 years 3 months ago #2808 by indianajones
I have version 3.02.2112, FSUIPC is most current and registered however I seem to have the opposite problem. The "No Weather" box is unchecked yet I do not seem to get updates below 5000 ft. This usually means I don't have correct weather at my destination.

Suggestions?
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilloAdmin

More
3 years 3 months ago #2809 by niksan29
Hi!
how long are you below 5000 feet?

Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilloAdmin

More
3 years 3 months ago #2811 by indianajones
I'm descending into the pattern so 20 - 30 minutes minimum time below 5000ft. I have setup weather to update at 15 minute intervals. Also, when I manually request an update (or am on the ground) I don't usually get the current weather. When I am on the ground, as the update processes, I may for an instant get the correct weather at my airport but then it reverts to something else. So, I may have a different issue or a combination of issues.

You help is appreciated!

More
3 years 3 months ago #2812 by SilloAdmin
At which airport do you have the wrong weather? Or is the wrong weather at every airport?

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.

More
3 years 3 months ago #2814 by indianajones
The "wrong weather" issue is more difficult to work on, I think. If you can help me with the "No weather on approach" option first I would be grateful. If you be beleive they are related, let me know.

I'm still not getting updates below 5000ft sent to FS9 even when I manually download the weather file. The "no weather" option is UNCHECKED. I take that to mean I SHOULD be getting weather updates below 5000ft.

Thanks for your help!

More
3 years 3 months ago #2816 by SilloAdmin
If "No weather update in approach" is checked, then no new weather data will be transmitted when your aircraft is on approach. This is to avoid that the Sim stutters shortly before landing. The approach altitude is calculated from the maximum flight altitude.
There are three reasons why your weather is not being updated.
1. "No weather update in approch" is checked.
2. Your airport is not receiving any weather data. Therefore, the information would be important for me which airport.
3. Your flight status has not been updated. To do this, you can press the "Restart Flight" button in the "Data Window".

If "No Weather update" is unchecked, then you should also get the current weather data, at any altitude.

Is the "dynamic weather" in the FS on zero / none?

More
3 years 3 months ago #2818 by indianajones
I uninstalled/reinstalled FSUIPC and FSRealWx V3. All issues corrected. Not sure exactly what happened.

I have no reason to change any settings at this point. Should things go wrong again, I'll pay close attention and make some detailed notes for you.

I'm grateful for your assistance!

Time to create page: 1.274 seconds