FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Avoid some stations

More
3 years 1 week ago #2888 by Pierrot
Avoid some stations was created by Pierrot
***POSTED ON IMPRESSIONS BUT NEVER HAD ANY REPLY***

I'm a fan of flying to my local airport when raining (SABE)... The problem is that there is another small airport (SADF) that is always with a METAR that's not updated so I have always the same problem: When Approaching the SABE ILS runway I need to go thru SADF, so FSRealWX injects SADF weather (no rain) so there is no rain on my approach / landing. Then, when landed, if I manual set the WX Weather I get the rain (SABE Weather) but I've already landed! So it's always the same frustrated flight: I want to fly with rain conditions but can't approach and land with that condition because of this shitty unupdated METAR airport.

So the question is: Is there any way to block that aiport / metar so SABE metar is the one that is applied on approach and not SADF METAR?

This would be really really great.

Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: niksan29

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #2889 by SilloAdmin
Replied by SilloAdmin on topic Avoid some stations
Hi
Yes, you could remove the weather station in the sim. But it's not that easy.
two files

FSX/weather/wxmapping.bin and wxstationlist.bin

Then the weather is not set for the stations.
I think that's not the goal?

But I know your problem and will look at this situation again.

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.
Last edit: 3 years 1 week ago by SilloAdmin.

More
2 years 11 months ago #2903 by Pierrot
Replied by Pierrot on topic Avoid some stations
Sorry for the delay! I'll try the next time it's raining so I can confirm it's working that way.

Thanks Sillo!

More
2 years 11 months ago - 2 years 11 months ago #2908 by Pierrot
Coming back!

I've edited wxmapping.bin (with the notepad) and took out SADF info from it. Then saved in ANSI format.

wxstationlist.bin did not contain any SADF string on it.

It looks it's still updating as I was flying towards SABE and when I passed SADF before SABE landing, I had clouds but not rain. Then when landed on SABE and set weather again I got rain!

Is there something else I can do? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Last edit: 2 years 11 months ago by Pierrot.

More
2 years 11 months ago #2909 by SilloAdmin
Yes, you can import a flight plan into FSrealWX, then the destination airport with the current weather is always written last.
This means that the weather in the area is always overwritten again with the destination airport weather.
You can test again.

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.

More
2 years 11 months ago #2910 by Pierrot
Tried today again, importing a basic flight plan SUMU -> SABE. But again, when approaching, the weather was the one on SADF (on the way of RNW13 Approach on SABE). Then when I landed, weather actualized and I had rain.

When I was passing thru SADF, FSRealWX metar window said SADF. So my guess is that even if I delete SADF from .bin files, and I load a flightplan, FSrealxw sets SADF weather because it is on my way to SABE.

So seems like I need to find a way to DISABLE SADF on FSRealwx so it is not detected by it, not applying that weather because there is " no station" there.

Am I right?

Thanks!

More
2 years 11 months ago #2911 by SilloAdmin
I will fly the route today. Which Sim are you using?

The following user(s) said Thank You: niksan29, Pierrot

More
2 years 11 months ago #2912 by Pierrot
- Prepar3d v5.1.12 with the last hotfix
- Orbx Global Base Pack
- fsAerodata installed but not updated on the last months.
- PMDG NGXe 737

Route:
SUMU to SABE ILS13, transition on VANAR.

You'll see that when approaching SADF their METAR is sometimes differerent. So when SADF metar is applied, it changes the weather just before landing. Being different to SABE, your approach / landing will be withe SADF weather and not SABE weather. SABE weather is always accurate and constantly updated because it's Buenos Aires airport.

Thanks!

Time to create page: 1.333 seconds