FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

FSRealWX 3.0 changes Aircraft.CFG files

More
2 years 8 months ago #2958 by bobn
I've noticed a few things going on. I've had a problem where FSRealWX changes the aircraft.CFG file when I do a flight plan and select an aircraft. Spacifically, the [Reference Speeds] is one section changed to
[Reference%20&Speeds]

There is another section changed too but I forgot which one because I have not done a flight plane since I figured it out.. So the next time I load P3D v4.5 and select the airplane, it detects an airplane crash over and over again. When I turn off crash detection, the aircraft goes cartwheeling across town. It took me awhile to figure out what was causing it because I was blaming P3D. It happens to any aircraft(Payware and freeware.)

I don't believe it is necessary for a weather program to index the airplanes. All it really needs is approximate altitude and speed. Most of the time the calculations don't work anyway. It depends on the aircraft. Believe it or not, the VirtualCol planes work better with the calculations than most others yet they are also subject to the Aircraft.cfg changes FSRealWX makes. It's probably something I'm doing wrong but never the less, the potential should be eliminated. When I export the flight plans to P3D, they usually don't come out right anyway. Importing from P3D works fine but still doesn't update the weather properly at the destination.

The other issue I'm having is often times FSRealWX doesn't update the weather at my destination until I'm with 20 miles heading toward approach vectors. It's not an issue if the wind changes 10 degrees. However, most of the time it will change as much as 150 degrees and completely change the landing runways. it does this even when I do a flight plan. Yes I have my distance set to 400km yet I still get weather popping. .

The other thing I'm not clear on is how the visibility settings effect the weather in the sim. The manual isn't clear. I have "No weather update on approach" checked yet the weather pops when I'm on approach. I have it set to "Weather File" and using Simconnect. I have cloud density and detail set to full.

I bought this program in retaliation against the whole PMDG requiring Active Sky for weather radar to work. I find that appalling for two over priced add-ons.

I'll stop here. This is already too long.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

CPU:  i5-6500
RAM: 32GB G.Skill 2400
GPU: GTX 970

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #2959 by SilloAdmin
Hello. FSrealWX does not change any aircraft config from the sim. FsrealWX reads the AircraftConfig if you want to import the aircraft data into FSrealWX, but really only then and only read. Otherwise FSrealWX has no access to the aircraftconfig.
I don't see any reason why FSrealWX should change the data from the aircraft. The config is not required for anything.

I will watch the weather at the destination airport again.

Thanks for your feedback.

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.

More
2 years 8 months ago #2960 by bobn
I knew you would say that. Unfortunately it does. I'm not confusing coincidence with causation. The only time this happens is when I import an aircraft into FSRealWX. I then create a flight plan in FSRealWX. Everything works fine for that flight. The very next time I load the same aircraft, it goes cartwheeling across town. Under no other circumstances does this happen.

As a matter of fact, about a month ago, I converted the Cal Classic B307 to work in P3D and it has been fine. I thought OK lets do a weather flight with it. I imported it into FSRealWX and did a flight from KEWR to KALB and all was fine. Then I did a real weather flight from KBUF to KBOS using the Carenado F50 and all was fine. The very next time I loaded those two aircraft, they went cartwheeling. It only happens to aircraft I import into FSRealWX. It might be something P3D is doing but never the less, Maybe it's something FSRealWX is triggering.

Those were the last two aircraft I imported into FSRealWX and created a flight plan. Since then I have created no flight plans and I removed all aircraft from FSRealWX and the problem hasn't happened again. Maybe it's the way I import them. In the FSRealWX aircraft editor there are like three ways to import aircraft. Not sure why that is as the manual isn't clear on that.

I am truly sorry if I sound bold but I'm not feeling bold

Thanks

Bob
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilloAdmin

More
2 years 8 months ago #2961 by bobn
One other thing I noticed is if I download the weather to check it at my departure airport before spawning at the airport, the weather doesn't change anywhere else except the departure so I have to load P3D, choose a plane and spawn at the departure airport then load FSRealWX and connect and then download the weather then change runways for the wind direction at the departure airport. If I don't do that, the weather at my arrival airport stays at default weather until I'm within 20 miles of it.

More
2 years 8 months ago #2962 by SilloAdmin
Unfortunately I can't find anything that should change the aircraft.cfg. The file is opened ReadOnly.
Can you give me some proof
The file before / after.

Unfortunately I can't find anything that should change the aircraft.cfg. The file is opened ReadOnly.
Can you give me some proof
The file before / after.
I have just tested all the functions again myself. The aircraft.cfg has not changed for me.

If you find an error, then please give me exactly about your system. Which sim (FSX / P3D / Xplane). Which connection (FSUIPC / SimConnect / FSrealWX-Bridge). Which OS.

More
2 years 8 months ago #2963 by SilloAdmin
Which weather settings have you set in FSrealWX and in P3D?

More
2 years 8 months ago #2964 by bobn
Here is the original CFG and the one that goes bad. If you don't have the CAR F50, I can use a different plane. If you want to suggest a few planes you have, I can use them if I have them. If I don't have it, I'm perfectly fine downloading one. Some that I have:

QW 757
VirtualCol Dash-8
CR1 TriMotor
JBK Viscount
TDS 737
Some Thomas Ruth stuff

I attached a sample of the Carenado F50 before and after. All you have to do it drop in there, load the plane and it will detect a crash. If crash detection is off, it will go flopping off to Nowheresvill.

I can make a video of the steps I use to import an airplane. Was going to do it today but time was short yesterday and today.
I've also attached both the P3D and RealWX weather settings.

File Attachment:

File Name: CFG_and_Settings.zip
File Size:252 KB

More
2 years 8 months ago #2965 by SilloAdmin
Thanks for the support.

I will check the aircraft.cfg.

What I noticed is. In P3D settings "Rate at which weather changes" please set to "None" or zero. Otherwise the weather will change slowly at the beginning.

More
2 years 8 months ago #2966 by SilloAdmin
I found the mistake. You are not allowed to load your aircraft data via the "Import Aircraft" menu. This menu item is only available in front of FSrealWX Aircraft Files. If you want to import the aircraft data from the FS, you have to do this via the menu "Load Data from FS" -> "Load from File".

Maybe I should have named the menu item differently.

More
2 years 8 months ago #2967 by bobn
"This menu item is only available in front of FSrealWX Aircraft Files."
What is "in front of FSRealWX Files."?

So I guess the real question is does it make a difference in the weather if I add an aircraft to the list and create a flight plan? I'm guessing no because there is nothing in the manual on flight plans other than "If you create a flight plan..."

The whole importing aircraft isn't working for me with your instructions. So I import an aircraft the way you said and I save it to the FSRealWX\aircraftfiles and yet the aircraft doesn't appear in the list.

Time to create page: 1.766 seconds