FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Great app and a possible conflict with another plugin

More
1 year 6 months ago #3105 by BlackFox
My wife and I both recently switched our sim flying from FSX to X-Plane 11 and I switched to FSrealWX for my XP11 from Active Sky in FSX. I am very impressed with how it works with the sim and have no complaints- it was a good purchase for what I like to do in my flights. Light weight and has a lot of features that I find very useful.

I did come across a hiccup along the way, and I hope it is okay I did not post this in the Bugs section as it is not a bug in my view but a conflict. My wife and I both use a plugin called xPlaces- it was more for my wife as she gets to know an area she is flying in. When I purchased FSrealWX and installed it, the xPlaces plugin no longer loads and the XP log states the following line regarding the plugin..

C:\games/Steam/steamapps/common/X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/xPlaces/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 127 : The specified procedure could not be found.

When I remove FSrealWX, the xPlaces plugin works. I noticed there are two files that both use but are different sizes and assume these are different versions of the library files used for both xPlaces and FSrealWX. I was curious if there is anything that could be done to make these two compatible? My wife wants to purchase this app for her weather but does not wish to lose her xPlaces plugin. 

If nothing can be done, that is alright. We can still use FSrealWX on certain flights without xPlaces and vice versa. Over all, this is a great addition to our flight sim and really appreciate all the work done.

Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: SilloAdmin, niksan29

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.882 seconds