FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

METAR delayed (late metar)

More
3 years 4 months ago #2804 by pedrocreal
Hi! just bought FSrealWX 3.0

It seems that the METAR based on which the software loads its weather has a significant delay:

i.e. itwas 1214z, and FSrealWX shows the metar from 1130z. I am aware that new metars come out every 30min or so. in this case the metar change is delayed by 14 min.

Before i took the first printscreen below, at 1159z the metar shown by FSrealWX was still 1100z. (59min is too much for the avid simmer when the active METAR according to several websites was already 1130z.)

Shortly after, the current metar in VATSIM was 1200z and FSrealWX still hung to1100z despite me downloading the weather countless times. By then the METAR was already 65min old.

Only around 1215z did FSrealWX display the metar from 1130z (no printscreen unfortunately) (but there is a second one of an attempt I just did.

I've tried changing the weather source from VATSIM to IVAO to NOAA and the issue persists. Same goes from changing the wx server from 1 to 2 to auto.

Other software and websites are able to pick the correct metar time, so that excludes 3rd party issues. (see printscreen and sorry for resolution.)

If it matters, I am running P3Dv4 with the recommended settings

is anyone esle experiencing this?

(I've also asked for support in the BETA testers page, but got no answer. So I don't know if this means it will be addressed on the next release, its a bug only I have or its indeed experienced by other users)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 1.370 seconds