FSrealWX - Weather AddOn for Flightsimulators FS2004, FSX, P3D and Xplane

Appear to be missing a texture FSRealWX v2

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #271 by Driver8
hello, I've had a recurring problem in FSRealWX v2 where I seem to be missing some texture. I am using DX10 with Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer so now it just appears as large black or dark grey squares:

prior to installing the Fixer it would be large Blue Flight Simulator X squares, so I know from that it is some texture that is not on my system.

I do NOT have this problem with FSRealWX Lite - so, I would guess that the new one is using some texture that Lite wasn't? Any ideas?

UPDATE: Sorry, to be clear, this is happening when the FSUIPC interface is being used. This doesn't happen with SimConnect, or even SimConnect + FSUIPC, it appears to be limited to FSUIPC only interface mode.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Driver8. Reason: Additional Information added

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #272 by Penz
FSRealWX (or Lite) does not install, or alter, any textures whatsoever.
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Penz.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 8 months ago #278 by Driver8
Yeah I didn't think it installed or modified any, it just looks, to me, like when running in FSUIPC only interface mode, that it is attempting to use some texture I do not have. Lite did not do this in any interface mode, nor does v2 do it when in any other interface mode, but for whatever reason, on my system FSRealWX v2 in FSUIPC (only) mode is doing something that FSX doesn't like :)

I have never installed any weather or cloud texture program or modification, in fact I had been using FSX built-in real weather until just this past winter when it stopped working for a while, at which time I discovered FSRealWX Lite. So my install should have a totally stock FSX SP2 cloud texture set.

Would be curious if anyone else could try this in FSUIPC (only) mode in DX10?
Last edit: 9 years 8 months ago by Driver8.

More
9 years 8 months ago #281 by Penz

Driver8 wrote: Would be curious if anyone else could try this in FSUIPC (only) mode in DX10?

I run FSX in DX9 and I don't have Steve's tool, so sadly that's one combination I cannot try.

Hope somebody else with DX10Fixer can help confirm your findings, good luck! :)

More
9 years 8 months ago #301 by Daniel_23

More
9 years 8 months ago #303 by Gilbert
Hi All!
I have experimented the same.
I am using DX10 with Steve's upgraded shaders.
I had most of the times scenery views where from a certain flight level, all terrain was masked by some kind of grey texture, or, during a flight above the (French Pyrenees, when mist at the bottom of the valleys appeared from above with the same kind of grey cover.

But the phenomenon is quite recent, and thinking about it, I came to the conclusion that it could result from some NVidia driver upgrading..
I have found some discussion in some French forum about the new NVidia drivers and tuning made through NVidia Inspector.
Since then, I have discarded NVidia Inspector, and done my graphic card tuning directly from the NVidia driver configuration panel.
And it appears from my last flights that the phenomenon had almost disapeared.

More
9 years 8 months ago #304 by Driver8
Well good to know I'm not the only one with the problem :)
Also, I would like to point out, the second picture I included was DX10 when I was just using Steve's free shader fix, before I got the DX10 fixer. It gives the big blue "Flight Simulator X" that DX10 mode usually uses when it can't find a texture. The DX10 fixer replaced that with a black texture similar to DX9, which is why it's gray in the first pic (with the Fixer).

More
9 years 7 months ago #309 by glenart

Driver8 wrote: I have never installed any weather or cloud texture program or modification, in fact I had been using FSX built-in real weather until just this past winter when it stopped working for a while, at which time I discovered FSRealWX Lite. So my install should have a totally stock FSX SP2 cloud texture set.

Would be curious if anyone else could try this in FSUIPC (only) mode in DX10?

I have the same issue. (Steve fix, DX10, FSX SP2 stock wheater textures)

Most often happens with fog when you are far away from departure airport (50 miles). One workaround to resolve the issue is to clear the wheater with Clear WX and manualy set the weather from the nearest airport. I am observing that it has something to do with range from nearest wheater station?

In general I am noticing that wheater is maybe set to late(despite auto update interval) when you are already flying in the rande of neighbour wheater station?

More
9 years 6 months ago #367 by Gilbert
Hi All !
New version downloaded and installed. By the way, some new NVidia driver. Two flights, one in the south of France with heavy cloud blanket, and the other one in the Leeward Islands, between Guadaloupe and St Kitt and Nevis, with several layers of clouds.
The bug has not shown any more. Cross our fingers !

More
9 years 6 months ago #411 by Driver8
Sorry I didn't reply back sooner....
I did not upgrade my nVidia drivers, but I did download the new FSRealWX v2 RC - and I am happy to also say, after a few flights, I no longer see the "missing texture" problem with the new FSRealWX v2! Not sure what got changed, but looks like this new version may have solved it!

Time to create page: 1.639 seconds